RE: Simple Substitute Plans

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 19:09:34 PDT

    I agree about videos, I always hated being left an "easy" movie reward day.
    If you do leave a video, preview it even if you are borrowing it from the
    school library. I had a science teacher leave me a video on optical
    illusions. One of the illusions could trigger a seizure in a photosensitive
    child. There were 6 students with seizure disorders in the class.
    Thankfully, the aid had just walked in when the host gave the warning. She
    called out names and told them to put their heads down and shut their eyes.
    Another student realized what was going on and jumped up and turned off the
    TV. I was in the back of the room (breaking up some trouble) and couldn't
    get to the TV. The teacher had not watched the video, because the school
    owned it.

    Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
    CAM Administrator