Re: Simple Substitute Plans

From: L. P. Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 17:00:03 PDT

    >>when I was in middle school, they (administration) would
    > check to see if you had your folder set up. They don't do that in HS...

    Speaking from a Sub's point of view: They SHOULD check every teacher's sub
    folder, especially at the HS level. How's a sub supposed to know where to
    go if there's a fire/drill? Who's diabetic and gets to have a snack the
    others don't get, or gets to go to the nurse for blood test or whatever?
    How up to date are your seating charts in the folder? Who in admin is in
    charge of discipline, and what is his/her intercom #? Which kid in each
    class can I trust to tell the truth/do the right thing/run an errand?

    All this stuff should be in the sub folder, PLUS legitimate plans for the
    day, even if they are simple. The kids aren't stupid; they know when you're
    leaving "busy work" for them, and they behave accordingly.