Re: speaking of Pigs...

From: Batmom44
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 15:53:41 PDT

    Columbia SC has palmetto trees, the state tree. These are not 3d forms. They
    are flat. Probably so that they could be decorated more easily. I was in
    columbia yesterday and today and saw a couple of them. They were nice. But
    they don't stop you in your tracks like pigs, cows and moose do. I'm trying
    to get the city of Myrtle Beach, SC to do something similar. So far we have a
    dabate over which sea dwelling creature we should use. Anyone have any
    suggestions?
    We are also known for the pirates that use to frequent these waters. but I
    htink it needs to be something that is out of place once it is on display.
    Thoughts?
    When we went to Beaufort, SC to see the Cows on Vacation, we discovered that
    they had created a Surf 'n Turf event. They had large shrimp shapes recreated
    by local artists and school children. It was quite interesting. When you
    turned a corner, you did not know if you would come face to face with a cow
    or a shrimp!

    Reatha Wilkins

    ---