various representations/same subject

From: L. E. Horvath (dulcius)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 15:01:14 PDT

    Michelle,
    Here are some ideas I came up with for a scene or event depicted in contrasting ways:

    "Appollo Pursuing Daphne" by Tiepolo and "Apollo and Daphne" by Pollaiuolo

    "St. Francis and the Birds" by Sir Stanley Spencer and "St. Francis of Assisi" by Zurbaran

    "The Annunciation" by Rossetti and "Annunciation" by Andrea Del Sarto

    "Europa and the Bull" by Titian and "Europa" by Bonnard

    "Rape of the Sabines" as depicted by Bologna and Caro

    Hope this helps!
    -Lydia in Toledo

    ---