Re: Simple Substitute Plans High school

From: croberts (croberts)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 12:10:03 PDT

    When I have a sub, my students (HS) also usually keep working on whatever
    they have in progress. I give them the choice between that and a video
    before I leave.

    One day last year, I got held up by the principal in the office after lunch
    and was not in my building, much less my classroom, when my last class
    started...in fact, I was about 20 minutes late even getting to my classroom.

    I could just see something terrible happening...but when I walked in the
    room, I found that one of the students had taken the roll and turned the
    sheets in...everyone had their work out and were quietly working away. I
    felt very "unneeded at the moment".... I got something out and started
    working on it myself very quietly...they didn't need me that day...hee hee!
    Bet this wouldn't work in all my classes...in fact, hmmmm, wonder what kind
    of classes I'll have THIS year.
    Guess I'll soon be finding out...

    Carolyn

    ---