Games AND Contemporary Art

From: Patricia Knott (pknott)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 10:59:32 PDT

    For those of you looking for game ideas, I just found this on about.com
    I immediately tried to find a way I can translate this for my AP class
    without mimicking the whole concept.
    > THE JOKER'S WILD
    > Martha Stewart, Michael Ovitz, David Byrne, Mike Wallace, Robert Hughes,
    > Renée Fleming, Merce Cunningham, Chuck Close and other bright lights
    > collaborated with Robert Rauschenberg on his quirky new installation at
    > New York's Whitney Museum, "Synapsis Shuffle."
    > http://contemporaryart.about.com/library/weekly/aa071900a.htm

    This includes a good synopsis for "gaming" in art.

    I'm going to the Whitney next week to see Alice Neel, Barbara Kruger and
    this. Then I'll probably go to the Frick to see some "good old stuff." I
    haven't been to NY for months. I can't wait for the visual stimulation and
    creative boost the city always gives me. Every square inch of the city is a
    story; an image to be created. How can people hate this city?
    Oops, don't want to get too personal....

    Patty

    ---