classroom art games

From: Hawkholt
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 09:21:53 PDT

    I had my 7th graders create art board games - using colors, elements of art,
    or principles of design as the theme, and they loved it. They worked really
    hard, even creating the game playing pieces, although we also used novelty
    pencil erasers. One renegade group made a game using trucks and crashes as
    the theme, but everyone enjoyed playing it, as well as the other games. I
    laminated the games at the end, and each group chose the person who would
    take it home. If they couldn't decide or if they chose, I kept them. Genie
    Holt, Wickenburg, AZ

    ---