Re: Julie's Remington and Russell request July 19, 2000

From: Lyden1819
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 07:49:19 PDT

    Children can do anything successfully providing it is presented and taught
    well--As a DBAE instructor, you know the importance of understanding the why
    as well as the how-- a still life of western objects [ boots, belts, rope,
    spurs, etc. ] can be accomplished in a variety of ways. Children can do small
    clay sculptures of horses, cowboys. Landscapes, in a variety of mediums, of
    deserts, plains, using diminishing size [second graders understand this
    concept], vertical placement and/or linear perspective--I have a wonderful
    video, Frederic Remington: "The Truth of Other Days" that I purchased from
    the Metropolitan Museum--Some of the video rental stores have tapes on
    artists--You may be able to find it there--Ceil Lyden

    ---