Re: Simple Substitute Plans

From: SANDRA ROWLAND (serowland)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 21:39:57 PDT

    Last year after graduating in Dec. I subbed for spring semester
    sometimes for art teachers, other times for anyone. The HS art teacher
    (my co-op teacher during student teaching) just left me the plans for
    whatever she was working on with the students. I did understand her
    system. The elementary teacher left me a great plan. Granted she knew I
    was an art teacher, but anyone could have done this. I read the story
    "Where the Wild Things Are" and had the students draw their own wild
    thing. Example: Chicken head, cat body, and duck feet. I drew up an
    example quickly before classes started, but for the non art sub having
    one on file would be a good idea.

    What does everyone else do for subs?

    ---