Re: Remington and Russell

From: Stewart (stewar2)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 21:00:16 PDT

    Many years ago when student teaching, I developed different grade level
    lessons for Remington and Russell - some of the ideas I remember are
    mural with a lot of emphasis on the animals in the pictures- another was
    a sort of fashion study of the equipment needed for the cowboys and the
    indians - looking at costume and horse equipment - we also mad up our
    own stories for some of the pictures (kindergarten I recall ) e.g. what
    are the Indians watching for - what will happen next, etc. I also
    remember we studied horizon and atmospheric perspective with the 5/6th
    - my special favorite was combining the motifs with messages and written
    stories as Russell did - see his sad message about the great blizzard
    with the dead cattle.

    ---