Re:Behavior or game---you decide!

From: Holly112
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 19:19:58 PDT

    Here's a "game" that an Brooklyn teacher told me she uses with her middle
    school kids. After the first week of school, on a monday, she hands out
    index cards to her classes. On them the students write their names, address,
    phone #s, names of parents, grade and section. She collects them. Then she
    announces the cards are for a "game" called "Pick a card, any card". She has
    5 students pick a card and announces that she will be calling these kids'
    homes at the end of the week, to report how well they've behaved or not.
    Then she calls out the names on the picked card and watches each kid's
    expression! She gives honest feedback to every parent and says it has helped
    tremendously in the classroom. Some kids are hoping their cards get picked,
    and others are dying! She makes sure she calls everyone at least once, and
    says its up to her when she decides to put picked cards back. She tells them
    the other rule is that she can pick a name at her discretion because she's
    the boss of the game. I'm going to use my own version of Judy Decker's
    Discipline sheet with this game and see what happens!
    And God bless us every one who's starting a new job in September! LOL
    Holly :0)

    ---