AP on the elementary level

From: christine kotarsky (ernst85)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 16:17:08 PDT

    I have been reading the threads of messages on AP. I too will be teaching AP
    classes or what we call the gifted and tallented or Excells. Thes students
    are recognized for their academic achievements and are placed in an excells
    class. They will be seeing me twice a week for excellerated art. They are
    in the 4th and 5th grade and most of them do have artistic tallent. I've
    seen ideas for the HS or middle school. How do you think I should go about
    my lessons at this age level. I know we will discuss more Art history, art
    criticism. I seen that most of you require a sketch book. Do you think class
    or home assignments in this would be too much for them? Any suggestions
    Thanks in advance
    and thanks for all your ideas on pe, drama, and dance. Next year wont seem
    so scary now with all your help. Now I just need to worry about my 2nd year
    teacher evaluation and LPR's.
    Christine