Kids and perfection was RE: Remington and Russell

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 11:58:34 PDT

    We encounter this problem frequently, because we have a gallery and the
    gallery inspires our art tables. I tell the kids over and over and over that
    when your learning you have unexpected results and dealing with those makes
    you an artist. I also tell them if I wanted and exact reproduction I pull
    out my digital camera take a picture and print it in the time it takes us to
    get out the supplies. Some of our most perfectionist kids are loosing up (at
    least while they are here) and getting into the creative mode. I also tell
    them you have to learn to create art - it doesn't just happen.

    Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
    CAM Administrator