Re: Remington and Russell

From: The Austin's (whest177)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 09:57:31 PDT

    I actually have a Remington statue that I think I'll take to school for the
    kids to use when they create their horse sculptures (great idea - thanks! )
    This made me think of a really great irony - my children go to a different
    school district than the one I teach at (I drive 35 miles to work). Anyways,
    they go to Frederick Remington School District, named after the great artist
    who once came by here (yeah, yeah, hick towns gotta be proud of something!
    *L*). When you walk into the high school there is a large display case with
    artworks, documents, books, etc about the artist. Really neat! Guess what -
    NO ART classses in this district. Not even in the high school! I think the
    school board just thinks I'm plugging for a job when I talk to them about
    this tragedy - but I love my job and have no desire to move. I just want art
    in the school where I pay my taxes!
    ~Michal

    ---