Re: Pay Raise!!!

From: ARTISOK
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 09:49:30 PDT

    Pay goes up- wow!
    Our district received a 5.3 pay raise this year..This is a district in South
    Carolina. Traditionally, we have low teacher pay..but you have to take into
    account the cost of living, which, nationally..I would say we were
    low/medium. Ex: Where we live you can get a very nice brick home, approx.
    2400 sq. ft., nice hood, for $220,000. compare that to other states...All in
    all, very good for us.....Now....for example.....with six years experience
    and a Masters you get 35K....Not great, but much better.
    South Carolina Art Girl

    ---