Remington and Russell

From: Julie K. Curtis (jkcurtis@curtis-assoc.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 09:14:33 PDT

    Since the subject of prairie art has come up, I have to ask a question
    regarding the art of Remington and Russell. I coordinate the Art Literacy
    program (DBAE) at our elementary school and I am getting things organized
    for the upcoming year. One of the teachers requested that we look at one of
    the western artists this year. Then I found out that our local art museum
    will be having an exhibit on Remington and Russell next spring. Because of
    this I would really love to have the students learn about one of these
    artists. I have no problem getting the biographical info, but I am having a
    hard time coming up with a project. Because both of their work was so
    realistic, I'm just not sure what the kids could do successfully. I have
    thought of just some type of art with a western type theme but I really want
    them to appreciate the type of art that is representative of these two great
    artists.

    Thank you for any suggestions.

    Julie Curtis
    jkcurtis@curtis-assoc.com