reply about supplies

From: Jhirunrtx
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 08:24:56 PDT

    the basics I keep on hand for any project:
    oil pastels (extra order of white oil pastels)
    chalk pastels
    glue
    drawing pencils and Magic erasers ( I use Ebony pencils)
    watercolors (Prang is a good student brand)
    watercolor paper (I order 24x36 in a ream and cut to sizes we need)
    drawing paper
    various construction paper colors
    white chalk
    clay tools
    various brushes for watercolor and tempera paint
    various tempera paint
    red, yellow, blue, black, white acrylic paint in quart bottles
    rulers (plastic/clear)
    Fiskar scissors (one per student)
    buckets for water
    various containers for water for painting (I save the plastic lids off of
    gallon laundry det, they make great containers for water for watercolors.
    Also save yogurt and butter containers)
    round or square plastic palletes (use can also use the covers of magazines
    for palettes and throw them away. The paper must be slick.)
    India ink
    yarn (I ask for donations from kids and also buy from the thrift store)
    looms ( cardboard ones you can buy or make. I also make them out of tongue
    depressors)
    markers
    Sharpies
    tissue paper
    art paste
    scrap paper for free drawing
    scrap cardboard for stencils or sculptures
    colored pencils (Prismacolor is the best, but Crayola works good as a student
    grade)

    Hope this helps. Some projects need specific supplies such as fabric crayons,
    clay, etc.

    ---