Classroom Prep

From: Debra Kozak (berkana)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 06:32:23 PDT

    I just wanted to once again thank everyone who offered me advice on what
    types and amounts of supplies I should purchase to implement the art
    program at my daughter's school (K-8). I spent my first day in my art
    room opening boxes of supplies, sorting them, and putting them away.
    Now I am getting ready to hang posters and properly "decorate" the
    room. The room is large with high ceilings and many windows (the
    building was erected in the late 1800's). I am blessed in that the
    principal is behind me 110%. At this point, pretty much everything I
    request is granted. Now my only concern is that I do a good job and
    prove to be an asset to the school. I am really positive, though, and
    excited about this new direction in my art career. I know my first year
    of teaching in a school will be much more focused (and perhaps a little
    "easier") due to the wisdom and ideas I have acquired from this list so
    far.

    Deb K.
    Elyria, OH

    ---