Re: "Cowboy Projects"

From: Sally & Mike Engle (salnmike)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 20:53:10 PDT

    In my Third Grade classroom, we used the story "Justin and the Best Biscuits
    in the World" which is the story of a black man and his grandson. The
    grandfather was once a cowboy and talks of other famous Black cowboys. This
    may be an excellent book to use with your unit.
        One of the classroom art projects I did with this story was to give them
    glue and heavy twine to make freeform designs on paper.
        We also talked about the poetry of Langston Hughes, which is very
    visual.
        Hope this helps!
    Sally ^.^ salnmike

    ---