Re: AP Studio

From: Bicyclken
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 20:07:59 PDT

    In a message dated 07/18/2000 6:28:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    copfer writes:

    > I've been to an AP workshop (in Bowling Green, Ky-great city)
    > This will be my 3rd year teaching, although I'm old enough to be
    > these kids mother. :) I would appreciate any veteran AP teachers to
    > pass on some wow ideas I could incorporate.

    I have done many A.P. classes and the best advise is to keep them:

    1. Organized-Keep a list of works and their progress. Make sure that they
    know what is expected of them and how hard it is going to be.

    2. Motivated-Small projects to complete the breadth section and forcing them
    to do sculptures. Demand a sketchbook and use it in their concentration.

    3. Concentration project-Should be a good one that they can work on all year,
    not to vague and that has a conclusion of a thought, media use, or shows
    growth of some kind.

    4. Take slides early and often so as not to be backed up in May.

    5. Keep on them to produce weekly so as to not be in a crunch in April.

    Ken Schwab
    San Jose CA

    ---