"Cowboy Projects"

From: The Austin's (whest177)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 21:32:05 PDT

    I had made a request earlier this summer for "Prairie" art projects. I am
    still working on my prairie theme, and have decided to begin the year with
    cowboy type projects. I will be doing art of the Plains Indians, studying
    current and past Kansas artists (Has anyone been to see Stan Herd's
    mazes?!?!). While I will be doing related projects for high school (and
    possibly middle school) - if anyone's interested I can let you know what
    we're doing. But as I ramble on, thinking I really need to be getting to
    bed, does anyone have any cowboy type projects - remember this is
    elementary! I have thought about drawing boots and creating the designs on
    the sides (like the detailed stitching on real boots), designing bandanas,
    saddle blankets, etc. but could really use some help and ideas on exactly
    what type projects to do. I know how I want to tie it all in to the state
    standards, my own outcomes, etc., but am struggling with WHAT projects to
    do! I could do with some help brainstorming here! *L* Or better yet, how
    about some examples of projects I could look at! *L*
    ~Michal

    ---