Re: classroom art games

From: Dennis Morris (theartboss)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 13:09:54 PDT

    > << in a high school classroom. I
    > need some FUN art games to play with Art I
    > kids. Any ideas?
    > Also, wonder if anyone has had art students create
    > board games?
    > Marcia in IL
    Hi Marcia,
    I developed a board game consisting of art images
    collected from post cards,etc. Each student ( or
    groups of students ) have individual game boards
    composed of 7 images. Game cards which include art
    vocabulary are drawen from a stack. First student to
    locate an example of the word receives a point. (
    Back in my H.S. days I also had students place a token
    on image- much like Bingo.) Cards could include words
    like split complementary color harmony, cross hatch
    technique, etc. I also used these boards at elementary
    level.
    I will share samples of these and other games at the
    IAEA Fall Conference at Hamburger U. during my
    presentation "IT WORKED FOR ME".
    Dennis Morris