Re: classroom art games

From: Dennis Morris (theartboss)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 13:09:54 PDT

    > << in a high school classroom. I
    > need some FUN art games to play with Art I
    > kids. Any ideas?
    > Also, wonder if anyone has had art students create
    > board games?
    > Marcia in IL
    Hi Marcia,
    I developed a board game consisting of art images
    collected from post cards,etc. Each student ( or
    groups of students ) have individual game boards
    composed of 7 images. Game cards which include art
    vocabulary are drawen from a stack. First student to
    locate an example of the word receives a point. (
    Back in my H.S. days I also had students place a token
    on image- much like Bingo.) Cards could include words
    like split complementary color harmony, cross hatch
    technique, etc. I also used these boards at elementary
    I will share samples of these and other games at the
    IAEA Fall Conference at Hamburger U. during my
    presentation "IT WORKED FOR ME".
    Dennis Morris

    Do You Yahoo!?
    Get Yahoo! Mail Free email you can access from anywhere!