Re: spontaneous beginnings and nonobjective splashes and splatters

From: Iteachart7
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 11:23:08 PDT

    In a message dated 7/17/00 10:03:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    kimberly writes:

    << We are hosting Zooillogicals by Chica Brunsvold. She turns nonobjective
     splashes and splatters into wonderful vibrant pictures of groups of animals.
     I look for new ways for the kids to create nonobjective splashes and
     splatters. Any suggestions?

    Kimberly
    you have got to try Slap painting!'
    I got the information from MaryAnn Kohl's book, the big messy art book.
    (Thanks Mary Ann) You fill socks with sand, we used a cup, dip in paint and
    WHACK the paper! We did do this outside on large sheets of paper and
    afterwards, we talked about the shapes they could see and what they could be
    turned into. It was a lot of fun.
    Gabrielle

    ---