sub-teaching math....

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 08:59:04 PDT

    from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
    Los Cerros Middle School
    968 Blemer Road
    Danville, CA 94526
    ************************

    >From: "L. P. Skeen" <lpskeen@living-tree.net>
    >To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet>
    >Subject: Re: Substitute Teachers Unite at last
    >Date: Sun, Jul 16, 2000, 4:19 PM

    >He> apparently thought they'd gotten him a certified Math sub on 2 hours'
    > notice!!! Can you say STUDY HALL? ;)
    >>
    >>>What I learned about myself was that I am a good teacher. I could walk
    > into any classroom, any subject and maintain the classromm, and even teach a
    > little.
    >
    > Me too, except for advanced math. (Sorry Bunki...) > :L
    Hey...the same for me too. I went back to get my supplement in math kicking
    and screaming because that was the only subject matter needing teachers and
    I wanted a full-time position early in my career. My supplement allows me to
    teach only basic math up through the 9th grade. I wouldn't know trig if it
    bit me. If I had to sub-teach advanced math, I'd just keel over and die.
    Bunki....

    ---