Re: supplies - what to do?

From: Nancy Walkup (walkup)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 06:33:05 PDT

    I used to use plasticene (non-hardening clay) for substitute days to practice techniques. Also, some of your classroom teachers might like to have some of your surplus.

    Nancy

    walkup
    http://www.art.unt.edu/ntieva/

    >>> serowland 07/06/00 05:17PM >>>
    I have a dilemma. I have a ton of leftover supplies from the previous
    art teacher (who was asked to leave, I found out today). She was into
    alot of crafty things - sparkles, buttons, beads, etc. Some of the items
    I think I can use for free day projects (after 10 good days I will give
    them stations to work at with games, art supplies, blocks, etc. They
    don't realize that they are learning something. It's just a break from
    the routine). However, I have about 50-60 packages of non-hardening
    clay. I would rather use clay that hardens or needs firing so the
    students have proof of their work. Nothing that can be flattened! What
    am I to do with this amout of clay?? Some could be used for a free day
    but not that much! I could have a mold making project for sculpture, but
    could the younger ones (I will be teaching K-4) do that? Help!!

    Sandra in AL