HELP!! Right Brain/Left Brain

From: LM Paris (paris)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 14:35:01 PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I am in an introductory educational research class for my masters
    program. We have to write a proposal for a research topic and my
    professor turned down my first idea, which was to look for a
    positive/negative correlation between students in advanced art classes
    and their scores in other disciplines. I am now attempting to do
    research about right and left brain dominance. I was considering doing
    a comparison between the percentage of left hand dominance in students
    in advanced art classes (or maybe art teachers) vs. the percent of left
    hand dominance in the general population. I am looking for information
    including journals/journal articles or books with information about:

    1) Theories about the similarities/differences between the right/left
    brain.
    2) Percentage of the population that favors their left hand, or left
    body (leg, eye, etc.)
    3) Research relating to relationships between art and how the brain
    works

    I have the book "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" as a starting
    point. I am very short on time because she turned down my topic
    proposal on Thursday and the first section of our proposal is due this
    Tuesday. Gotta love these 6 week summer classes. I am stressed and
    will greatly appreciate ANY leads you might have for information.

    Thank you for your help.

    LynnMarie

    ---