teaching contemporary art

From: E Jane Beckwith (ejb35)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 16:56:36 PDT

    Hi, I am a new member, working on my doctorate at Columbia. I am interested in
    successful teaching of contemporary art and artists. Are you a teacher who has
    introduced students to the current gallery environment or to new artists; museum
    shows like Sensation or the Whitney Biennale? How do you help students with
    difficult images they may see in contemporary art? What has contemporary art
    added to your teaching program? My greatest interest is in adolescents from late
    Junior High through college. Thanks for your

    ---