Re: Substitute Teachers Unite at last

From: Yvette Lewis (yvlewis)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 15:20:45 PDT

    I worked as a sub for 2 weeks before I was hired 14 years ago. Then I took
    an unpaid professional leave 2 years ago to sort through some things. To
    make some money I subbed again. Were my eyes opened to the difficulties!! It
    really taught me a thing or two about what to,leave for sub plans. Top of my
    list was an accurate attendance and seating chart. In the past I had always
    let that slide as I moved students around or they were moved out of my
    class. Next was plans that made sense that even a non art teacher could
    accomplish.

    Acctually as a sub I prefered social studies, math ( work sheets and exams)
    or english (good organization). What I learned about myself was that I am a
    good teacher. I could walk into any classroom, any subject and maintain the
    classromm, and even teach a little.

    I was glad to get back to my own classroom and subject though. I don't think
    I will be leaving again.

    Hooray for subs!!

    Yvette

    ---