Re: Not a moment too soon - Substitute Teachers Unite at last

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 15:01:57 PDT

    from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
    Los Cerros Middle School
    968 Blemer Road
    Danville, CA 94526
    ************************
    > I have great respect for any and all subs as I was once one for many years as
    > I worked on my art degree. I personally took April Fools day as my national
    > substitute day and declared it my holiday. We have teachers week lets have a
    > national substitute teachers day to recognize their importance - not April
    > Fools day though that was my own personal joke. because of the mischief kids
    > tend to cook up. when a sub is on duty. Maybe sometime in January. Not a
    > solution to their problem but a beginning. Roberta
    ************************

    Many, many kudos to those substitute teachers who have the courage to do
    what I...in a million years...would not do! I've substituted twice in my
    life and vowed never again! I DO hope this organizational thrust takes hold
    and comes to fruitation. Not only does it benefit them but also us teachers
    who often desparately need these wonderful people. Our sub pool is almost
    non-existant due to California making 3rd grade and down small class sizes
    of 20 or less. Our good sub pool went to these classrooms plus anyone else
    who could walk and talk at the same time. The good has gotten mixed in with
    the bad...but that's another story.

    OH, yes. Subs. I wish there were some ways...other than preparing our kids,
    making good lesson plans, etc....to help this potential organization
    succeed. They've got a long, uphill battle ahead to make a difference.
    Toodles......

    ---