Re: Not a moment too soon - Substitute Teachers Unite at last

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 13:23:54 PDT

    In a message dated 7/14/00 2:02:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
    lpskeen@living-tree.net writes:

    << JULY 14, 11:19 EDT
     Sub Teachers Looking For Respect
     By ANJETTA McQUEEN
     AP Education Writer
     WASHINGTON (AP) - They get no respect. Teachers snub them. They get paid
     less. And students welcome the arrival of a substitute teacher by doubling
     their usual mischief.
     For the first time, substitutes are banding together in hopes of improving
     their lot: Dozens of the part-time instructors are gathering in Washington
     on Friday and Saturday for a first-ever national meeting. >>

    I have great respect for any and all subs as I was once one for many years as
    I worked on my art degree. I personally took April Fools day as my national
    substitute day and declared it my holiday. We have teachers week lets have a
    national substitute teachers day to recognize their importance - not April
    Fools day though that was my own personal joke. because of the mischief kids
    tend to cook up. when a sub is on duty. Maybe sometime in January. Not a
    solution to their problem but a beginning. Roberta

    ---