Discipline Record

From: mdecker (mdecker)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 08:39:51 PDT

    I have passed my discipline records onto many. I am glad they can do you
    some good for you. I have posted the record sheet onto my Web page. I keep
    them in a book....I have lots of students who have warnings recorded (I even
    have my own name recorded for warnings...to make it fun)....but I had very
    few students with minor misconducts. Once they knew the warning was
    recorded, the behavior stopped for most students. I had some goofy boys in
    my sixth grade class....I was very busy getting ready for the art show and
    honestly did not have time for parent calls. All I told them was "Many of
    you are in danger of receiving parent phone calls for minor misconducts
    violations. I do not have time to call right now, so let's see if the
    behaviors improve"...It did for all but one child! Of course many wanted to
    know if they were one of the ones in danger...I said "I wouldn't take my
    chances trying to find out now". After the art show was over, I entered all
    of the names into my data base...then printed out the frequency for the ones
    who were causing problems...very few had minors...but were getting warnings
    far too frequently...I told them individually "See what we have had to put
    up with from you...Now what are you going to do abut it?"....It all fits
    into making a positive learning environment. The students--all except for
    one--were changed by this approach. I will have this same student again next
    year, and I hope to reach him.

    I am not sending anymore files out now as I am too busy now....but I did
    post the record sheet on the web:
    http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/yearplan

    Click on Discipline Record at the bottom of the page. Save the file as
    HTML--then open into Word. You can then save back into Word. I will not be
    replying to anymore requests. If anyone who is still interested in
    Discipline can ask the list what works for them. My files are there for
    sharing with others. The Self Assessment was an Excell file and could not be
    changed as easily to HTML. Ask if anyone has it if you still want it.

    Glad I was able to help!

    Judith

    ---