Re:art fair idea

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill.us)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 20:40:51 PDT

    I went to a local art in the park fair today and saw something that was
    super easy and was surprisingly effective. A lady had a cookie pan
    wrapped in tin foil and suspended above a sterno can with bricks.
    Obviously this could be done other ways--anyway she had a bunch of old
    broken crayons and she drew on the hot foil with the crayons--mostly just
    putting down colors. Then she pressed a sheet of regular xerox type paper
    on top and receive a print of the colored melted wax. They were
    great--sort of had the frottage effect. She trimmed them down and mounted
    them on notecards. She also had trimmed some of them in to shapes
    suggestive of landscape and mounted on foam core blocks at various depths.
    I was thinking I could play around with this just using a sheet of tin
    foil on a warm frying pan. Anyway, just an idea. Sid

    # Sidnie Miller #
    # Elko Junior High School #
    # 777 Country Club Drive #
    # Elko, NV 89801 #