RE: Art, PE, Drama and Dance??

From: J+G Grant (jggrant)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 22:51:39 PDT

    Check out 'The Arts as Meaning Makers' for some ideas related to integrating literature and the arts throughout the curriculum - some really good ideas. Also, I have noticed (I am Australian) that various sporting bodies here are encouraging children around the world in trying some of our sports - Australian Rules Football, Cricket, Netball, etc. and information related to these may (?) be got off the Net. I have gone to them several times in the past and received extremely useful information about sport. If any of my collegues in Western Australia are reading this they may have some information about schools over there which are incorporating indigenous sports which apparently are big in fun and small in competitiveness. Over here we have a fair amount of books related to games from around the world - you probably have equivalents there - these are good starters for not only sport but also drama, etc.
    Have fun!
    Gina

    ---