Welcome new teachers!

From: mdecker (mdecker)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 16:14:29 PDT

    I know there are new teachers who joined the list. In the fall I posted a
    question about what new teachers need to get them prepared for school. This
    was actually done to help one of our teachers with a research project for
    her administrator's certificate. Once school starts, I will "feel your pain"
    but will not have as much time to help. I posted some of my files a couple
    weeks ago as a result of what I received (but I am sure I did not remember
    everything)

    My question to you is:
    What kinds of forms, files, etc. do you need to get you started at the
    beginning of school...to help with organization (not necessarily lesson
    plans)? We experienced teachers have tried and true ways to help. Reply to
    the list (or to me) and I will compile a bunch of files to make available.
    Once the initial e-mail is sent...it is so easy to forward to others--takes
    very little time. I have about two more weeks of relaxation time...so fire
    away. Let us know. What I do not have, maybe someone else will.

    Glad to have this opportunity to help you now.

    Judith Decker
    mdecker

    P.S. I can not promise to help everyone...I am sure you will understand
    this. I was really surprised how popular some of my files were.

    ---