kids and responsibility-Kimberly

From: Rick (rlarson)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 11:22:30 PDT

    Hi Kimberly, Three of the schools in our district were built during the
    open classroom
    concept, two of which have been redesigned. The third is requesting to
    have enclosed
    classrooms. No wonder they're chatty- I can't imagine how that open
    classroom concept
    ever was considered to be sound practice educationally. Also, I've
    noticed in my own
    classes an attitude of some students being " I'm just here for the
    ride- don't give me
    any responsibilities". Drives me nuts. Betsy

    Kimberly Herbert wrote:

    > Betsy,
    > I agree sometimes being the new voice is helpful, but these
    extremely small
    > private schools are open concept (some officially some by default)
    with
    > multiple classes in one room. I think they are so used to tuning out
    the

    ---