Re: Art, PE, Drama, and Dance???

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 17:04:18 PDT

    Hi Christine!

    One resource that you should put a shortcut to on your desktop is the Kennedy Center's ArtsEdge at:
    http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/

    They've got resources for performing arts, pe, visual arts, as well as a ton of other subjects for one themed unit (like the water cycle). It correlates everything to the national standards for each subject, gives you a material and equipment list, and detailed lessons. There are lots of yummy resources! There's also listserves on the site that you can join to chat with other dance and drama teachers.

    Michelle

    Christine Kotarsky wrote July 13th:

    I hope someone who reads this is a PE teacher or A Drama teacher or a Dance  teacher, or knows someone or something to help. Next year my school (which only has 250 elem students)is going art intergrated. .....  Any ideas on how to incorparate PE, art, dance, drama into some cool units? I thought of mask making in art, and native dance and music in PE. Any help will be so appreciated. Thanks CHristine