Re: Art, PE, Drama, and Dance???

From: The Austin's (whest177)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 13:42:19 PDT

    Remember, this is Physical Education, so I would stay away from competitive
    sports. I remember being in PE and learning to 2-step, jitterbug, etc. The
    kids would like that - maybe teach them electric slide or line dance. What
    kind of equipment do you have? The little scooterboards are fun. Check into
    what the kids need to do to earn the President's Physical Fitness Award -
    our students love doing this! For the drama part, have the kids pantamime
    (sp?), make up short skits, etc. Have them look at the slapstick comedy for
    ideas. Have the kids do interpretive dances and skits (the "be a tree"
    idea). I know as soon as I hit "Send" I'll come up with alot more ideas. I
    know some of these may be way off, but I'm brainstorming here!
    ~Michal

    > I hope someone who reads this is a PE teacher or A Drama teacher or a
    Dance