RE: Younger grades talking was RE: Decision Time Help ASAP Long (for Brenda)

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 11:50:16 PDT

    Betsy,
            I agree sometimes being the new voice is helpful, but these extremely small
    private schools are open concept (some officially some by default) with
    multiple classes in one room. I think they are so used to tuning out the
    other classes they share a room with that they don't hear me. The other
    thing is they are so regulated in every behavior that they can't cope with
    the same level of freedom I give the kids from the larger schools (public
    and private).

    One school every child has his/her own lessons almost all completed
    individually on computer. Their school was on the news a while back. The
    classroom looked like an on campus suspension room, or some corporate
    cubical maze. Children had individual study carrel/ cubical and the teacher
    was checking their work via her computer.

    I know many of the kids personally they participate in our summer program.
    Hopefully they will help their classmates cope next year. I tell all the
    groups and classes you had the fun you do the clean up.

    Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
    CAM Administrator