Art, PE, Drama, and Dance???

From: christine kotarsky (ernst85)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 11:03:45 PDT

    I hope someone who reads this is a PE teacher or A Drama teacher or a Dance
    teacher, or knows someone or something to help.
    Next year my school (which only has 250 elem students)is going art
    intergrated. Excellent!!! In order for me to be full time I will be teaching
    PE and art and gifted and tallented. I have a few hats to fill.
    I am so happy to be at this school but the PE drama and dance has me in a
    idea bind. The principal wants dance and drama included in the PE class.
    Plus I suppose the "gym" part. Competive sports is definaltelly not my area.
    I'm sure once a week wont be to hard and I plan on it to be fun, for me and
    the students. I will only be going into my second year of teaching and my
    area is art.
    Does anyone have some great advice for me? Any ideas on how to incorparate
    PE, art, dance, drama into some cool units? I thought of mask making in art,
    and native dance and music in PE.
    Any help will be so appreciated. Thanks CHristine