Re: Finished! Finally!...bulletin board idea

From: KSchiavo00
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 08:25:10 PDT

    Yes! This is a really cool idea. I have used this idea as a GROUP
    introduction to "grids in art" lesson with my 6th graders where they learn
    how to "enlarge". I take one of my cool "freebee" posters (that my kids have
    not seen) divide it into 30 equal pieces (coded on back) and distribute 1
    piece to each child. They divide their small picture into quarters and
    reproduce it on larger paper, first in pencil then in oil pastel
    (Consideration was taken to scale the paper proportionately). They must code
    the back of their drawing so it can be reconstructed later. They are really
    excited about seeing the final picture which becomes a quite large mural type
    display. Believe me the mural is not perfect but it is really cool and the
    kids do begin to understand the roles that grids play in the enlargement
    process.
    Kathy in Kalamazoo

    ---