Re: bulletin board idea

From: maryannkohl (maryann)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 08:13:26 PDT

    This is one of the coolest ideas I ever heard!! Having taught grades one
    and two, I can also picture second graders doing this pretty well. I'm
    going to try it... Thanks, Jennifer.

    It might be good to do a pre-activity to warm up. I think the one where
    the child chooses a magazine picture and cuts it in half would be good.
    They glue it on a sheet of drawing paper, and then draw the missing half
    to connect with the magazine picture half. I've done this with grade one
    and two, and they are both good at it. In fact, the results are often
    amazing ... especially to the kids!!

    Buerkle, Jennifer buerklej.fl.us 7/13/00 7:59 AM
    >I have a neat technique for filling a really large board and teaching
    >gridding to kids as young as 3rd grade.
    > You get color copies of two colorful (helps if
    >it is kind of hard edge) prints. You cut one up in grid blocks.

    maryann
    http://www.brightring.com

    ---