Project-Based learning

From: Jackie Aust (jab1997)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 06:34:26 PDT

    I wanted to take a few moments to thank everyone who in the last month
    have given me suggestion for project-based learning ideas for art. I
    finally narrowed it down to the vital role that color plays in our
    society. My students will complete a multimedia presentation based on
    the topic they choose and the research findings. I had to write all
    this up and do a simple presentation myself at a workshop camp this last
    week. I choose Color and Vision. Boy there is information out there.
    I had to present this to principals in about 15 districts, would you
    believe I ended up showing a presentation I have of my oil paintings.
    Now they want me to teach them all to paint, comments like " I didn't
    know you could paint like that". I am an art teacher, I would hope they
    thought I had some talent, lol....... I just amuses me sometimes how
    administration doesn't really know what is under their own school roof.

    Jackie

    ---