Re: Art Supplies

From: Jackie Aust (jab1997)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 06:22:36 PDT

    Sharon,

    I have around 30 students in my high school art class. I am a stickler
    when it comes to the supplies and inventory. I have students grouped in
    4-6 a group with a large plastic box for each group. One person checks
    out the box with me then returns the box at the end of class for an
    inventory check. We have 55 minutes in class. I got to where I needed
    help with this so I asked for 1-2 students who wanted to be responsible
    for this, enhance grade. It worked for me.

    I dont really assign extra credit assignments, extra credit for students
    comes from volunteering to do things, spending that extra time on
    projects outside of class but before or after school,, and helping
    fellow students. I also remind them that it can be taken away based on
    attitude.

    Jackie

    ---