Re: Help identifying a painting

From: LMiller435
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 14:43:08 PDT

    Some time ago someone on the list wanted a painting identified. It had two
    women, I think, one reclining.

    I was at the MFA in Boston to view the van Gogh show, and after wandered
    around visiting some old favorites. After looking at Benson's "Eleanor," I
    turned around and there was a picture by Paxton. Two ladies. One reclining in
    a chair. Very proper. Could this be the painting you were looking for?

    Donna's post about Sargent reminded me that I had seen it.

    Leslie in Framingham

    ---