Re: Younger grades talking was RE: Decision Time Help ASAP Long (for Brenda)

From: Buerkle, Jennifer (buerklej.fl.us)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 06:03:05 PDT

    I have taught in both private and public schools over the past 27 years. The private
    school was "top notch" with kids picked up by limos and Rolls. Classes were around
    18. The behavior of these groups was much more difficult than schools I have taught
    in that are now graded "D" or "F" by our esteemed (hmmm) Governor Jeb Bush in
    Florida. There appeared to be very little respect for 1) me, as a teacher; and 2) art
    as subject. One day at the private school I was deep in a clay project when two PTO
    ladies appeared with "a request" that the class stop what they were doing and make
    Pilgrim hats and collars for the play. That was it for me. I left that spring.

    Jen

    ---