Re: Re:Wayne Thiebaud

From: Daceballos
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 11:48:28 PDT

    Bicyclken:
        I like your idea of doing a Wayne Thiebaud based art project. I'm
    thinking it could be either a tempera painting or an oil pastel project.
    Thiebaud's city scapes are not "perspectivelly correct", right? That is, they
    don't necessarily follow the one or two point perspective parameters we teach
    in Art Intro. in high school.
        I'm thinking it might have to be an Intermediate Art project where
    students have to come up with an imaginary city scape where they create
    hills, curving freeway overpasses, palm-tree lined boulevards, etc. In many
    ways, breaking away from the strict parameters of one, two and three point
    perspective frees the artist up to create a more dynamic feel to the piece.
    I'm going to try to check out this show at the Legion of Honor. Thanks for
    the info.
    Denis Ceballos in Stockton, CA

    ---