re: Supplies and Thoughts for the new year

From: mcgugan (mcgugan)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 06:26:11 PDT

    I teach hs and will be using the same technique - shoeboxes with supplies
    for each table in each class - hopefully to instill ownership of the
    supplies and to help with organization. The boxes will be stored on shelves
    or in cabinets.

    BTW, yesterday I had a meeting with my new principal (it's an ugly story
    about the other's dismissal but I was ready for a change). He asked what
    concerns I had and I told him my biggest was over the budget. When he asked
    what I was given last year he jumped and I was thinking "please don't let
    him think it was TOO much!". Then he asked what did we do, draw on the
    walls because surely we couldn't afford enough supplies. Then we talked
    about the fund-raisers (the Christmas floats) and how it took away from
    class time. Maybe I'm naive, but I actually think he's supportive of the
    arts!

    Hopefully his promises aren't empty.

    I think it's going to be a good year.

    Joy