Community Bridge mural

From: PGStephens
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 13:15:57 PDT

    As many of you know, I have been researching five murals for a set of Take-5
    study prints being published by Crystal Productions. One of the artworks
    that will be included in the set is "Community Bridge" by American artist,
    William Cochran. I include the "Community Bridge" website for you to enjoy.

    http://bridge.skyline.net/

    I submit this to you because Cochran has a tremendous vision for uniting
    communities through works of art. What a wonderful concept for starting the
    new school year: uniting the community through art.

    The bridge itself is a beautiful trompe l'oeil masterwork that is so real
    birds try to land on a painted water fountain and one viewer offered to tear
    down the ivy (also painted) that was "growing" up one "stone" wall. Read
    through the symbols "carved" into the "stones" of the bridge and how each of
    these symbols was suggested by members of the community. Enjoy!

    From Texas,
    Pam Stephens

    ---