Re: Interesting lies- Was CBS Sunday Morning

From: PHimmelber
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 09:08:02 PDT

    What is better: Misinformation or no information at all? Do you ever find
    yourself having to re-teach the truth? The answer seems clear to me,
    Michelle... the formats that you site, TV and movies, are entertainment
    media. Does entertainment require some valid informational content? No.
    Anyone who expects to be informed of the truth from such sources must plan on
    being disappointed. This is not to say that there are not great informational
    programs... just that a commercial enterprise such as the entertainment
    business is concerned with their bottom line. So it seems far better to teach
    the distinction between entertainment and education... then re-teaching as
    necessary. Peter

    ---