Re: Aesthetics

From: Henry Taylor (taylorh)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 09:06:42 PDT

    Neat "anti-aesthetic" exercise Peter!

    Glad to find another Coomaraswamy reader these days!!!
    For a different slant check out Christopher Alexander's book:
    "Notes on the Synthesis of Form" and his notion of "goodness
    of fit" I really liked that tho I should mention that much of the
    slim
    book is on the technical and architectural side it's worth the
    read
    even if you skip stuff.

    Some of Jan Mukarovsky's stuff is interesting to read alongside
    Alexander and adds to the consideration of the importance of
    context to aesthetic experience and understanding.

    As you can see I teach k-5 <VBG>

    cheers
    -henry

    ---